Getting engaged is one of the most memorable moments in one’s life. There’s nothing like the promise of forever after all.
But for future fiancés, the hunt for the perfect engagement ring might prove to be tedious. Not only do you have to think about the size and design, but there are also the technical aspects of choosing an engagement ring. Not to mention that there are thousands of designs available on the market today. It might get confusing and overwhelming for people who are not ready for the hours you need to spend perusing through so much information.
If you are thinking of getting engaged soon, here are some handy tips to that you can follow to make sure that you will be able to get a gorgeous engagement ring for your future fiancée.
- Spend time on your decision – don’t put off going to the jewelry store to the last minute. Some spend weeks and even months studying up on engagement rings. If you are going for a custom design, it would also need more time. So you need to plan and manage your time perfectly when deciding on the engagement ring to buy.
- Research on your future fiancee’s style – since they will be the one wearing the ring, you need to make sure that you choose a style that they are sure to love. Think of yourself as a detective and peruse through her social media accounts to check if she has liked or posted anything that could help you. You can also look through her present jewelry collection to find similar styles. Better yet, you can ask for the opinion of her best gal pals to help you in making your choice.
- Make sure you have the right size – all the work and research will be for nothing if the ring won’t fit right. So make it easier for yourself and just get one of her old rings to know her size. If that is not possible, ask one of her friends to help you out without spilling anything of course.
- Study up on the 4C’s – if you’re determined to have a diamond engagement ring, then you need to know more about the four C’s that determines a diamond’s quality. They are color, cut, clarity, and carat. If you want your ring to have all four, be prepared to spend a lot of money. But if you have a limited budget, many jewelers would suggest getting the best cut grade, as this aspect determines the diamond’s sparkles.
- Go to a trusted jeweler – big decisions like this are important investments so you need to make sure that the jeweler you are talking to is someone you can trust. Find someone you can have an easy conversation with, and who would consider your budget and preferences. Picking an engagement ring is easy with a company like Dominion Jewelers. They have 30 years of experience and can ensure quality engagement rings for your future spouse.