Two weeks ago I made a whole lot of big baking pan of possum pie and it took me almost a week to eat half of the pan. When my husband got home from San Antonio he ate the remaining half as he was afraid it might get so dry. I told him, I am eating it slowly, savoring every bit of it because I really love possum pie.
Anyways, olives are most loved by Americans to put in their salad or eat it alone. It may be weird tasting fruit for me but it also has its health benefits.
The following information are lifted from its original source from Genius Cook.com. To read further details about Olives, I recommend you visit the website mentioned above.
Nutrients in olives:
* Proteins, lipids, carbohydrates, fiber, sugar, and ash.
* Mineral salts: calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, natrium, zinc, copper, and selenium.
* Vitamins: B-1-2-3-5-6, pro-vitamin A (beta-carotene), E, and K.
* Fatty acids: low on saturated and polyunsaturated fats and high on monounsaturated fats.
* Antioxidants: polyphenols and lutein.
Health Benefits of Olives
Lutein, a strong antioxidant and carotenoid
* Destroys free radicals.
* Protects cells from premature aging.
* Strengthens retina and improves eye sight.
Polyphenols (flavonoids), antioxidant agents
* Prevent the oxidation of lipoproteins, thus protecting from cholesterol deposits in blood vessels.
* Reduce the risk of heart and blood vessels disorders.
* Stop cancer cells from growing.
Beta-carotene (pro-vitamin A), strong antioxidant:
* Reduces harmful influences of carcinogens, preventing the risk of many forms of cancer, from bowel, gullet, throat cancer to stomach and prostate gland cancer.
* Protects smokers from lung tumors.
* Is essential for robust eye sight, the growth and regeneration of tissues.
* Nourishes epithelium, smoothes out wrinkles and rejuvenate the skin.
* Strengthens teeth and bones.
…the dessert, me modeling the cheesecake with strawberry topping
..olives and I don’t know these little finger foods pero kaon jud ko..taste good raba
..baked chicken with cream of mushroom soup
… beans for good health daw.. kaon pud mi!
This soup was our viand today and it’s good for it tastes great. Hahaha love my own cooking kaayo. Truly it is good even Jadyn the American-Pinay baby loved it. I still have some soup of the beef left and I look forward to finishing it tomorrow morning for breakfast.
Yep I cooked the fish and fried some of it. My brunch is complete and now I am very full from eating too much.
It is truly a mouth-watering bread for me because it used to be my favorite bread back home. Hmmmm now I only got a small piece left of it and I dare not to finish it too soon or else it’ll take me weeks before I can have it again.