If you are a plus sized woman, you likely have a hard time finding clothes in styles that you like and enjoy wearing. Sometimes clothing looks larger on a hanger than it actually is and can therefore lack in showing off the cut and design of the garment without trying it on. The trouble is that trying on clothes can be cumbersome and make one feel defeated if they do not like how they look in a particular garment. It feels even worse than usual to those who wear larger sizes because they are constantly worried about being judged by society. What matters is who you look and feel in your clothes and your happiness with yourself will translate in to all that you do.
This article will provide some tips on dressing your best for work as a plus sized woman. People do it everyday; you are not alone!
1. Make sure that the clothes fit. The first step is to make sure that your clothes fit properly. Sometimes it can be enticing to want to purchase a larger size for comfort but in reality a larger size can make you look larger than you are. While you will not want to wear form fitting clothes that show off every curve on your body, you will want to purchase items that have a nice cut and fit to them. The clothes should also feel good on your body as you will be wearing them all day.
2. Skip the mall and buy online. Trying on clothes at the mall can be a big ordeal and is likely not enjoyable. Having to wait for a changing room after you waited for someone to check the stockroom for your size is an exhausting endeavor. In the future, try skipping the mall and doing your shopping for great work ensembles online at shops like ChescaDirect.
There are patterns, colors, styles, and sizes for all body types, shapes, and heights. You are likely to find exactly what you are looking for while shopping online. The beauty of getting an item shipped to your house instead of the anchor store in the mall, is that you can return it with the return address label if it does not fit. Better yet, you can expect to receive a refund when you send the item back.
3. Classic staples. Having a few classic staples in your closet that you can pair or mix and match with various outfits is a good idea. It makes your wardrobe look larger than it actually is and it makes you feel better about your style and what you wear to work on a daily basis. Some classic staples to consider purchasing are cardigans in various colors, slacks in black and khaki, pantyhose, and casual but nice dress shirts. Women can also have a few classic staple jewelry items such as small hoop earrings or small earrings.
4. Accessories and shoes. No outfit is complete without the proper accessories and pair of shoes. Be sure to wear jewelry and carry a matching handbag with you at a minimum.
Someone posted that $5 sport bras on Facebook group I am a member of last week and I went to the Victoria’s Secret store three days ago and asked the associate if the $5 bras were true. She said they were but no longer $5. They are now $7 and led me to the next room where these bras were placed/displayed. $14.99 tags and checked out, told the person at the register they are $7 according to the sales person so she override the price. I paid both for just $1.06 that is including tax using my $15 birthday gift card.
That $15 birthday gift card from Victoria’s Secret is something all card holders will get when their birthday is approaching, it’s June and I’m a June baby that is why I got it in advance. Deals like this I consider are just one of the sweetest for I almost got them for free! I am lucky as usual.
I urge everyone to head on to Abercrombie and Fitch website now to register in order to get yourself a $20 off a $50 purchase when you sign up for the first time. To top of that deal, you can also stack it with FIRSTDIBS A&F CLUB 50% off summer sneak peek code.
Better use this code though for it is for TODAY only.
Then when you shop their kids clearance you will also get an additional 30% off. I just got myself a tee and my oldest 2 shirts, 2 denim pants, a skater dress and a pair of shorts with free shipping it ended up coming to around $78, that’s a savings of $88.70 right there!
That extra 30% off only works on Kids clothes but the 50% and $20 off $50 works on adult clothes!
See photos below! DON’T forget to sign up on TOP CASHBACK in order to get 5% off rebate after purchasing on ABERCROMBIE AND FITCH site!
I have developed a passion for PINK line of products over the years. There is something in these products that is so attractive to me. Gladly though that VS loves sending freebies, coupons and rewards for their loyal customers.
It’s their semi annual sale again and look what I scored? I have been wanting to buy myself this open-back long sleeves tee but then the price was too high for me to be paying. Full price is $37.95 but paid only $5.40 after store sale (50% off at this moment) and a reward card worth $15 combined plus a boyshort freebie.
I was a day late claiming my free boyshort, good thing they allowed me to claim it. I still have my birthday giftcard of $15 and I am waiting a little while to use it and see if there’s a glitch that I can use it and make the most of my purchase.
Happy me PINK lover here! You know the feeling when you really want something and you finally get it? Feels like floating on the clouds!
… the top is a little bit too big for me, but that’s alright. I prefer it buggy than being tight in my body.
Handbag manufacturers nowadays are quite good at leatherwork. So much so that it is not that easy for consumers to differentiate authentic leather from fake leather. A full-grain leather tote bag under a hundred bucks is tempting but will leave you with feelings of uncertainty. Real leather is normally pricey because it takes a lot of time and effort to produce just a single handbag. So should you give in to that elegantly looking handbag that is on sale at the department store?
If you are planning to buy leather, you have to know how to identify real from artificial in able to avoid any disappointments regarding your purchase. You can tell the difference between real and fake leather by smelling and touching the item. Real leather has a distinctive odor of animals while fake leather smells like vinyl and chemicals. A genuine leather handbag normally feels rough. When you pinch real leather between your fingers, it wrinkles and flexes easily under pressure but it comes back to its original shape. The imperfections are actually a good thing.
But what if you just fall in love with a leather handbag you saw online? Buying leather handbags online requires you to be extra attentive to details. While you cannot smell or feel its texture, there are factors to help you figure out whether the leather you are buying is authentic or not.
- Label– authentic leather should indicate the product information, including the form of leather used for the handbag. It should indicate if it is top grain, full grain, or genuine leather. Full grains are the most expensive type because they are closest to the outer skin of the animal while genuine or suede are the cheapest ones because of its least dense texture.
- Pattern– Take a close up look at the product. Inspect the design. It is possible for real leather to have an inconsistent pattern. A full-grain leather handbag may retain all of the hide’s original texture and markings.
- Finish– Real leather has rougher finish while fake leather has edges that are almost perfect. If a handbag has an extremely glossy finish, it could be made of modern patent leather that is likely to tear over time. Genuine leather may show imperfections and does not come in a wide range of colors.
- Price– You can’t always rely on the price of a leather handbag to distinguish its authenticity. Just because it is expensive doesn’t mean it could not be fake. Unfortunately, there are manufacturers who put a premium price tag on artifical leather bags to deceive consumers.
Replica retailers use materials that only contain leather fiber. Bonded leather and bicast leather are the types of leathers to avoid. While it is not easy to spot if a handbag is made of these inorganic leathers, you can easily tell just by smelling them. Bonded leather has a heavy smell due to the chemicals used. They are difficult to repair after damage because they are just scraps of leather glued together to form a piece.
Time can also tell your handbag’s authenticity. Untreated cowhide leather tends to have “patina,” a change in surface that happens to leather over time. A light-colored leather handbag may develop a deeper color because of age, moisture, wear, and sunlight over years of use.
I receive coupons from Victoria’s Secret maybe once every month. These coupons are so valuable that I don’t want to miss using them, luckily for me I am just ten minutes away from the mall so I can just go there anytime I want or when I’m free.
However, the last visit I had in their store with coupons on hand, I kind of messed up. They did not allow promo priced bras to be included for receiving the hobo bag. I bought two bras worth $50 and two free panties but did not get the bag. I was so disappointed and chose to keep the bras, did not return anything instead.
Wished I had known that online deal was way better than my local VS store. Some VS shoppers got more and paid less of what I paid for mine just because buying discounted bras online was allowed.
The day after I purchased my bras, there was a glitch online and took advantage of that just to get the boho bag. I bought 2 $25 gift cards online with free shipping and used a code for the bag. Viola! Came with the bag and the gift cards is another $20 coupon which I am going to use in my next VS purchase. I have two of this coupon so I am ready of what comes next!
I got a couple of sport bras from Victoria’s Secret already but when I see a sale on it, I would still buy one or two. It would be ridiculous to continue buying them while I already have some, right? Well, I am thinking, I have a 9 years old girl that is growing fast, soon enough she will be needing bras so when I saw on a couponing blog a really good promo code combos, I went ahead and buy two sports bras, one XS and the other is small size for my daughter and younger sister.
At that time I purchased the items pictured below, PINK had a promo of 20% single full priced item and a free shipping $25 or over PLUS a free kimono with two full-priced bras with the use of a code. Sport bras cost $15 each and a kimono that surely overly-priced if I had to buy it in full.
Anyway, three items totaling only $28+ including tax and free shipping with the use of three different codes for the free kimono, 20% off less bra and free shipping. Tell me if it is not a sweet deal right there?
As you may have known, I am or have been reviewing products since 2008. Either paid or receiving free items, I am willing to do it. I have countless reviews over the years and I must say, I have become better at what I am doing.
Doing the thing I love most somehow gives me skills and knowledge to properly examine the products that the seller or advertisers entrusted me to do. Some weren’t happy of the feedback or review I gave them but then, honesty is all I can give when it comes to reviewing their products for the sake of their prospect buyers/customers. Because, I myself, would rely on other/previous customers’ feedback if I were to buy something that cost a tremendous amount of money.
One of the perks of being a reviewer is that the free items you actually get that you love to use or wear. Example is this boy shorts swim with matching strappy bra top and a cover up. It is a stylish set that has a beautiful pattern that I chose for myself.
I was not disappointed for it fits right, hugs my body and yes, I am comfortable with it. You see, I got to pick the style I want, color or design and all it takes is my honest review after testing the product. I hope I made the seller happy with it.
I am a mom of two and I love feeling good inside out. Being a mother and a full-time housewife does not mean you let yourself go or look “lusyang” since what you do is run a household and take care of your family. That’s a big no no for me.
One of the things I do in order to look good for myself is wearing current, trendy yet affordable clothes. I also love showing my patriotism to this great country, and with that being said, fashion and patriotism combined in one clothing, yes please! I am into that.
I so love anything patriotic, whether it be undies, cover-ups, tops or dresses. I am attracted to this kind of fashion. One of which is the cover-up I recently bought from Amazon. I find it appealing and so I knew I am gonna love this clothing once I get it, I am right. It is soft, comfy to the skin, the size fits perfect in me and most of all, it’s the American flag!
I got a few US flag tops in my closet and I am waiting for the right time to wear them, show them that I am a proud United States law abiding citizen!