Summer is barbecue season and it’s undeniable barbecue tastes really good especially when shared with friends by the pool or lake. Or just being in the backyard with family, it’s like the perfect thing to do. But, getting the right tenderness and taste of the barbecue can be challenging at times. Most people usually overcooked their meat or worse, it is so dry that it is so tough to chew.
Here’s my Filipino style chicken barbecue that is so tender and has a taste of home. By doing this, it takes me back to the Philippines where street food like barbecue is popular among Filipinos. How I made my barbecue so tender? Follow the steps below.
1. Cut up chicken breasts into cube size, fatty part removed.
2. For one big tray, use a can or a bottle of Sprite. Marinate and refrigerate all night.
3. Throw out the Sprite and try to drain as much as possible and then put seasoning like ground black pepper, soy sauce, whole lemon squeezed juice and vinegar, minced garlic and a sprinkle of magic sarap if available.
4. While on the grill, slowly brush with marinated sauce to keep it from drying. Flip over, another brush of its sauce.
5. When almost done, brush with tomato ketchup with a little bit of avocado oil. I prefer this oil because it’s healthy than the usual cooking oil.
6. Serve hot and enjoy!